Forum Replies Created
I also noticed that if one uses the Countdown clock and select either an entry effect or an animated effect the player will crash. If I use an exit effect it seems to play OK.
Thanks for the latest Beta 7 version.
I like the changes to the text box they seem to work well.
Selected objects on a slide now seem to function as expected (although I am still disappointed that we still can’t group a TEXT box and an IMAGE together as ONE OBJECT (or a text box and any other object) so that they can enter the slide together with one click (that is they would both have the same object selection number).
A FEW GLITCHES I STILL SEE
1. when I save a project the dialog box always say’s “NOT RESPONDING” before it eventually responds and saves.
2. The Play and Preview buttons don’t seem to show any TACTILE RESPONSE when I select the buttons with my mouse, it seem’s as though nothing is happening and the first few times I used it I clicked on it two or three times and the player tried to load multiple times before throwing an error and crashing the player. Is there a way to make the Play and Preview buttons respond by changing their state in some manner to indicate that something is happening.
3. The delay between pressing the Play Presentation (that is with 18-20 slides) and the loading bar appearing, seems to be quite long, is there any way to speed up the response time?
4. Probably the most annoying glitch is that the selected effects still don’t show up on my 15″ widescreen laptop. I tried changing the settings and nothing helped. I also noticed that if I have already got effects in place after setting up my project on my big screen external monitor, there is no way to change them, delete them or even see them on my laptop.
Hope this helps.
I sent the SEF file as requested
I actually meant I was reverting back to version 3 as I don’t think I had version 4. Version 3 still has a few glitches (and I saw these also in v5)
1. Every time I save file the process takes quite a long time and then the dialogue box say’s “NOT RESPONDING” for a few seconds before saving the file.
2. When selecting an effects feature on the right side of the screen on my 15″ wide screen laptop and then select “ADD”, only the very bottom part of the timing options appear in the selected effects box. That means there is no way to delete the effect as it actually can’t be seen. I tried the various screen size options and it didn’t seem to make a difference. It works fine on my big screen at the office.
3. The text box has one very annoying quirk and of course the others ones I already listed. When typing a new word into the text box, it types the first letter and then the text entry cursor jumps back to before the first letter you type so that the first letter in a word ends up at the end of the sentence.
4. Right Click Menu is unavailable (copy, Paste etc).
5. Also I noticed that it takes about 8 to 10 seconds after pressing Play Presentation for the full screen player to actually do anything. Because of the number of crashes I have had in the past, the delay is always a bit daunting especially if it happens in a live presentation as I’m thinking it’s going to crash again.
6. I also noticed that if I have a movie playing in a presentation and I try to advance the slide while the movie is playing, the player crashes 100% of the time.
Anyway, hope this helps.
Bad news! Beta version 4 was more stable!
The new version is totally unstable and unpredictable. The SE player will run 20% of the time but usually crashes on the first click to advance the opening slide. The PLAYER CRASHES but the program remains open!
Going back to BETA VERSION 4 as at least the player worked.
Another quirk in both V4 and V5 is the way it loads an existing slide show. If I just slect the file and open it, the slides on the screen are postage stamps. If I start a new version of SE and select a RECENT SLIDE SHOW the slides all load as postage size. However, if I open SE and create a new slide show, the initial slide is full size. Then I can open an existing file from the recent files and it opens correctly.
This is very annoying behavior in both BV4 and BV5.
If you could publish a fix for these two quirks sooner than later that would be most helpful. I’m going to go back to V4 as it was quite stable.
I trust you had a good vacation. I was just wondering if there will be an update anytime soon. I have actually used the Beta version for my last two presentations and it seem’s to be fairly robust. It would be great to be able to have more than one object on a page though so I am looking forward to the next update with that major issue fixed. Thanks Alain
OK I downloaded the latest Beta. The previous problem on importing text from Word only happened the first time I tried it. I sent the pop-up error message and it worked this time.Since then the import is working fine.
I did find a few more issues:
1. When I copy text from Word that has a colored background, and try to paste it into the SE text box I noticed that I can’t use my RIGHT CLICK on the mouse to PASTE (have to use the paste button in the text box).
2. I noticed that the yellow background on the text imports into the text box but does not show up in the actual slide text box. In fact if I want the Text on the SE slide to be yellow I have to change the text in the EDITOR BOX to yellow which means that the I can no longer see the yellow text because the background in the text editor is also yellow.
3. Also I I want the TEXT in my SE slide to be white, I can’t see it to edit it on the white background of the editor. Can we have an option to change the background color in the text editor?
4. SE PRESENTATION CRASHES every time if I insert any object (text and images) into a slide and try to make it Display with a Click (if I insert it on a new slide with click to advance it works fine or if I unselect the Click to display option the presentation works fine).
Anyway, the last issue is the most serious for sure.
Thanks AlainApril 24, 2015 at 23:35 in reply to: Crashes a lot (Mostly when copying and pasting but can happen anytime). #9562
So far today, I have had more than 20 crashes. Not very impressed. No other software package on my computer crashes this often. Very frustrating when trying to complete a project on a tight schedule. Hopefully it will be resolved but as the issue also existed in the last version (although I never had this many crashes in a single day before) I’m not sure that it will be an easy fix. Here’s hoping.
Rick GApril 24, 2015 at 18:59 in reply to: DON’T HIT SAVE WHILE EDITING THE NEW “FOLLOW TEXT” MODE #9570
Sorry I meant FOLLOW PATH option!April 24, 2015 at 17:54 in reply to: Crashes a lot (Mostly when copying and pasting but can happen anytime). #9560
I just downloaded the diagnostic tool and it ran the tests and sent the response back to your server.