July 27, 2016 at 15:50 #10572
I tried the Beta version. It’s really buggy on my HP i7 Laptop running Windows 10. A pop up error box appeared almost right away. I had created a text box, imported text from Word, resized the text and changed the color, then imported an image and resized it. The error report box asked for details of what I was doing, which I did. When I selected the send report option, the error box also showed an error stating the server could could not be found. The box didn’t crash the program but when I tried doing a preview or display the presentation I got background images only and then the Player would crash. After trying a few more times the program itself crashed.
I’ll check back for new beta versions in a few weeks.
RickJuly 27, 2016 at 16:24 #10573
Thanks for the feedback.
Regarding the “send error option”, I forgot to enable this tool on the new website, that’s why it did not work: should be fixed now.
Regarding the real error, I’ll investigate tomorrow.July 28, 2016 at 11:56 #10575
Just released a new beta. It should fix your issue.July 29, 2016 at 18:55 #10577FaizeebParticipant
I downloaded the beta version a few minutes ago. When I open slide effect, it opens up with slide 1 already on screen. However the slide is absolutely tiny – about the size of the ‘submit’ button here on the screen. I can’t see anything on the slide. When I preview, I can see stuff that I’ve added, but the screen is too small for me to add text or anything else. Please assist. Thank youJuly 29, 2016 at 20:32 #10578
OK I downloaded the latest Beta. The previous problem on importing text from Word only happened the first time I tried it. I sent the pop-up error message and it worked this time.Since then the import is working fine.
I did find a few more issues:
1. When I copy text from Word that has a colored background, and try to paste it into the SE text box I noticed that I can’t use my RIGHT CLICK on the mouse to PASTE (have to use the paste button in the text box).
2. I noticed that the yellow background on the text imports into the text box but does not show up in the actual slide text box. In fact if I want the Text on the SE slide to be yellow I have to change the text in the EDITOR BOX to yellow which means that the I can no longer see the yellow text because the background in the text editor is also yellow.
3. Also I I want the TEXT in my SE slide to be white, I can’t see it to edit it on the white background of the editor. Can we have an option to change the background color in the text editor?
4. SE PRESENTATION CRASHES every time if I insert any object (text and images) into a slide and try to make it Display with a Click (if I insert it on a new slide with click to advance it works fine or if I unselect the Click to display option the presentation works fine).
Anyway, the last issue is the most serious for sure.
Thanks AlainJuly 29, 2016 at 20:49 #10579
Thanks a lot for all these feedback. I’ll investigate these issues next week. It helps me a lot!August 3, 2016 at 17:08 #10587
I am working to fix issues reported but I won’t be able to release a fix before my vacation (tomorrow).
I’ll be back at work on 22 of August and I’ll release a fixed version as soon as possible!August 26, 2016 at 04:25 #10592
I trust you had a good vacation. I was just wondering if there will be an update anytime soon. I have actually used the Beta version for my last two presentations and it seem’s to be fairly robust. It would be great to be able to have more than one object on a page though so I am looking forward to the next update with that major issue fixed. Thanks Alain
RickSeptember 2, 2016 at 13:32 #10599
Sorry for the lack of communication: I had to fix an important bug inside the effect system these last days. It is now fixed and I am currently investigating your issues.September 2, 2016 at 14:44 #10601
Regarding “Display with a click” objects: it does not crash here, but it does not work… I fixed this on beta 5, please check and tell me if it works better.
I will check other issues on Monday morning.September 2, 2016 at 22:23 #10602
Bad news! Beta version 4 was more stable!
The new version is totally unstable and unpredictable. The SE player will run 20% of the time but usually crashes on the first click to advance the opening slide. The PLAYER CRASHES but the program remains open!
Going back to BETA VERSION 4 as at least the player worked.
Another quirk in both V4 and V5 is the way it loads an existing slide show. If I just slect the file and open it, the slides on the screen are postage stamps. If I start a new version of SE and select a RECENT SLIDE SHOW the slides all load as postage size. However, if I open SE and create a new slide show, the initial slide is full size. Then I can open an existing file from the recent files and it opens correctly.
This is very annoying behavior in both BV4 and BV5.
If you could publish a fix for these two quirks sooner than later that would be most helpful. I’m going to go back to V4 as it was quite stable.
RickSeptember 3, 2016 at 15:56 #10603
I actually meant I was reverting back to version 3 as I don’t think I had version 4. Version 3 still has a few glitches (and I saw these also in v5)
1. Every time I save file the process takes quite a long time and then the dialogue box say’s “NOT RESPONDING” for a few seconds before saving the file.
2. When selecting an effects feature on the right side of the screen on my 15″ wide screen laptop and then select “ADD”, only the very bottom part of the timing options appear in the selected effects box. That means there is no way to delete the effect as it actually can’t be seen. I tried the various screen size options and it didn’t seem to make a difference. It works fine on my big screen at the office.
3. The text box has one very annoying quirk and of course the others ones I already listed. When typing a new word into the text box, it types the first letter and then the text entry cursor jumps back to before the first letter you type so that the first letter in a word ends up at the end of the sentence.
4. Right Click Menu is unavailable (copy, Paste etc).
5. Also I noticed that it takes about 8 to 10 seconds after pressing Play Presentation for the full screen player to actually do anything. Because of the number of crashes I have had in the past, the delay is always a bit daunting especially if it happens in a live presentation as I’m thinking it’s going to crash again.
6. I also noticed that if I have a movie playing in a presentation and I try to advance the slide while the movie is playing, the player crashes 100% of the time.
Anyway, hope this helps.
RickSeptember 3, 2016 at 18:09 #10605
Thanks a LOT for this detailed feedback. I’ll work on all these points next week!September 4, 2016 at 09:05 #10606
Is it possible for you to send me at email@example.com a project file (*.SEF) that crash the player? It would help me to reproduce the problem.September 6, 2016 at 16:54 #10608
I sent the SEF file as requested
- The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.