Home › Forums › General Discussion › Slide Effect 2 – new beta release
- This topic has 32 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Rickgman.
September 17, 2016 at 20:50 #10625
TEXT EDITOR ISSUE:
If I import a text block from Word into the SE TEXT EDITOR that has a line of Black Text followed by a block of scripture text in Blue, the BLUE text imports correctly and the color stays BLUE and the Style still shows Italic; the line of BLACK TEXT at the top imports as BLACK INTO THE TEXT EDITOR but as soon as I hit OK the BLACK TEXT on the SE slide is now WHITE.
To make sure the TEXT stay’s BLACK I have to HIGHLIGHT the TEXT (that already appears to be Black in the text editor) and then select the TEXT COLOR OPTION and apply BLACK to the already black TEXT to ensure it appears as BLACK on the slide (all very confusing).
ALSO, saving a CUSTOM COLOR in the TEXT COLOR selector still doesn’t work. Just a reminder : )
RickSeptember 17, 2016 at 21:32 #10626
I noticed another idiosyncrasy; SE seem’s to get slower as I do more edits. After doing about 3 or 4 edits, right clicking an object is slow, selecting an object is slow, copying and pasting an object is slow (the slide goes blank for a second or two before the duplicate item shows up). When I double click an object to edit the text, it seem’s slow. If I delete one object from a page with many objects the whole slide goes blank for a second or two (at first looking like all my objects were deleted) then the slide reloads and the deleted object is gone. Anyway, it just seems to slow down and get sluggish.
RickSeptember 20, 2016 at 08:19 #10627
Thanks, I’ll check these issues this week.September 26, 2016 at 19:16 #10628
Any updates this week? Yes, I know it’s hard to believe but it’s been a week already! I’ll be building another presentation later in the week and was hoping that some or all of the issues I had been having, would be fixed. Let me know if I can be of any further help.
RickSeptember 26, 2016 at 19:24 #10629
You might want to limit the number of posts that load on the FRONT PAGE of your new website to perhaps the last 4 or 6 as I discovered that when I scroll down to see the footer information on your website it just keeps on loading over 70 posts all the way back to the first posts. To be honest I don’t think anyone is that interested in your earlier updates for version 1 of SE when you are actively in the middle of releasing this new and exciting version 2. Anyway, hope that’s helpful.
RickSeptember 27, 2016 at 19:03 #10631
Yes you are right… It is even annoying for me 🙂
I will fix that.September 30, 2016 at 15:34 #10636
– Corrected layout issue on effects
– Custom colors are saved in text editor now
– Optimization on display speedSeptember 30, 2016 at 18:02 #10637
Preliminary checks on Beta 11 look good! I’ll be building a new presentation for the weekend and will see how the new enhancements perform!
RickOctober 2, 2016 at 06:52 #10638
Beta Version 11 is working much faster, no slowdown and is starting to feel much more robust and solid.
A few things are still in need of fixing:
1. When I import BLACK TEXT from Microsoft Word into the text editor, it appears to keep the BLACK ATTRIBUTE in the editor until I click OK and then when the text appears on the slide it is GREY not BLACK! If I import RED TEXT or any other color from WORD it maintains the COLOR with no issues. This is definitely an inconvenience because then you have to go back into the text editor, select the BLACK TEXT and then select the BLACK COLOR in the text color box to actually SET the color to black! Aghh!
2. Also noticed that the SAVE CUSTOM COLOR is not consistent. It saves but if I close the project and then reopen it, the custom colors are gone. The custom colors should be saved with the project!
3. Also this is a weird one, if I open a slide and insert an image (or probably any object) and a text box then go to Microsoft Word and select and copy some text, then return to the SE slide and delete the image or object and then try to insert the copied text into the text box I get the following error every time although the number at the end changes … –SE_INTERNAL_CLIPBOARD_FORMAT–#SEOBJECT#181
4. Sometimes when deleting slides at the end of the presentation I get an error (I sent the popup report to you) and then a RED X appears where the slide was. Not sure what would happen if I tried to save the presentation as I usually just close the presentation and then reopen the previously saved file (don’t want to risk a corrupted file).October 2, 2016 at 07:02 #10639
Also, just tried out the 3D CUBE, if I load less than six images the Player crashes! If I load six images and then test in the Player I just get a static image of the first image I inserted. The 3D feature is not functioning.
RickOctober 3, 2016 at 14:08 #10640
– Added a new option in Tools/Options… to enable/disable high quality preview mode (faster or better quality of preview)
– Custom colors are now saved in the registry.
– Fixed a problem with 3D cube when images were missing.
– Catch more errors when displaying objects
– Corrected an issue with internal object pasting.October 3, 2016 at 14:19 #10641
Rick: Thanks again for your feedback.
Regarding your specific points:
1. Black Text
This works as expected: black text is seen as default color by SE2. You can change this color using the properties style tab and change the grey color to black to make all the “default color” text black. I know this may be confusing, but that’s the only way to be able to use extended styles (like gradient) on texts.
2. Custom colors
It is now saved on registry and will still be here when reopen SE2. It is not saved on the project but on the machine (easier for me and acceptable, I guess).
3. Paste issue
This occurs because you paste an internal SE2 object (a picture) in a textfield. This should be fixed in beta 12.
4. Errors when deleting
I checked your reports, but I am not able to reproduce it. I made the code more robust, so, hopefully these errors should not happen anymore… But not 100% sure.
5. 3D cube
I fixed the issue when a picture is missing. Other than that, this is working as expected: if you want to make the 3D object moving, select an animation effect.
As a side not, in beta 11 to make SE faster I degraded a bit the display of images and texts in the main tab. You can now select the mode you prefer in tools options (fast or high quality). I am still working to optimize the GUI.
Thanks!October 3, 2016 at 15:43 #10642
– Corrected an issue with spaces in directories.October 4, 2016 at 17:11 #10643Mayfair DesignParticipant
Slide effect1 was and still is the best software,nothing is working with this latest release,
today i downloaded the latest release,but doesnot install and get error software stopped working.
I have win7 home premium. all video and other software install and work perfectly.October 5, 2016 at 10:19 #10645
This should be fixed in beta 14.
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.