Help please

Home Forums General Discussion Help please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

Hello again, seems that I have struck another problem that is probably easily fixed but I’m unable to see how to so I’m seeking help. The issue is upon play back of my slides during the process it comes up with an error saying: Unable to load the following texture:\tmp\634 a bunch of numbers then jpg. Now the problem is that each photo was from the same file folder and I’ve added them by doing the batch upload there is 478 photos in total. I’ve spent the good part of my entire day sorting out the transitions and backgrounds for each photo. I am so confused as why upon rendering the photo’s to play back my creation it won’t let me as it keeps coming up with that error. I’ve deleted the files it says it can not load and it will then come up with another photo that it says it can’t load so I delete that one but it ends up being over 20 photo’s that it wants me to delete and that is stupid since I require all the photo’s I uploaded in the first place. So has anyone struck this error problem and how do I get around to fixing it? Thanks

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Which version of Slide Effect are you using please?

Can you try to do the following:

1) Download the following file
    https://www.slide-effect.com/tools/CleanTmp.exe
    2) Double-click on it to run it.
    3) Wait until it is finished and try again Slide Effect: should works now.

Keep me informed.

Michelle

Hi there Alain, I’m running 1.10.2 version as far as I know it was up to date with the version. I will try your link that you have provided for me and get back to you if it works 🙂 thanks

Michelle

Hi again, I clicked on your link and it gave me a page saying: The requested page could not be found.

? I’ll wait till your on to get more assistance, thanks

Michelle

Hello just wondering if your there? I really wanted to get my project finished and this has stopped me from going further. I realize this is a forum site and that it’s only been 7 hours since I last posted and I really do not want to sound impatient. I’m just frustrated that I can’t get hands on help :o(

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry the link was:
    https://www.slide-effect.com/tools/Clean_Tmp.exe

Keep me informed.

Michelle

Hi Alain, sadly that did not fix the problem, what is next? By the way what is the limit of photo’s that slide effect can do? Maybe it’s over the limit?

alain
    Keymaster

There is no clear limit, it depends on your computer, memory available, … but usually Slide Effect should handle a lot (i mean: A LOT) of photos.

Is it possible for you to send me the project file (*.SEF) ?

Please use http://www.dropsend.com service to send me the file (address: alain@slide-effect.com)

alain
    Keymaster

Thanks for the file.

Just played it, works ok here.

If you have a medium/low end computer, 478 slides is a lot.

Maybe try to cut the presentation in 2 separate pieces.

Also, can you do the following to help me know the computer you have:

– Download the following file:
    https://www.slide-effect.com/tools/SlideEffectDiagnose.EXE
    – Run it (double-click on it)

This tool will do some check on your computer and automatically send a report to us.

Michelle

Hey there, done the test so you should get that soon 🙂 thanks for checking the file out and I’m glad to hear it works at your end, frustrated that it doesn’t on my end. My computer is windows 7 64bit i7cpu930, 12 gig ram, 2 terrybyte drive space any other specs you need let me know but I’m sure this computer can or should be able to handle the files being so large. However I will consider separating the slide show into a couple of areas, however I would still like to know what the report I did said?

Thanks

alain
    Keymaster

Just checked the report: Yes your computer is a good one (in fact, better than mine…) I really don’t understand why you have this kind of problem.

Give me one hour and I’ll craft a test program for you.

alain
    Keymaster

Please download the following:

https://www.slide-effect.com/tmp/testMichelle.exe

Double-click on it: it will run your presentation fullscreen with debug information.

Let it play until the error occur. Then send me back the file “SlideEffectPlayerLog.txt” that should appear on your desktop.

Thanks for your time!

Michelle

Morning Alain, I sent you the test just now with send box, let me know how you get on.

Thanks
    Michelle

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok I think I found the issue.

Working on a fix…

More info soon.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you download the new beta version 1.10.3 beta 4

(Click on “Product Updates” on the top right once logged in)

Please try it and tell me if it works better or not.

Thanks for your patience!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.