Slide Effect 2 Not Working for me

Home Forums General Discussion Slide Effect 2 Not Working for me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stefos
    Participant

When I have completed installing version 2 of Slide Effect everything goes great until I run the software …no sooner do I double click the link, I get an error and it does not load. As far as I can tell Windows Mentions a missing DLL file? Please help if you can, I will be wanting to buy the Pro version of the software when it comes out, I downloaded the demo/basic version in view of this….if I can’t get the basic version working it goes without saying I won’t be buying the pro version of the software.
    Thanks for your time!

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you tell me the exact error message you receive when starting the software? Which missing DLL?

stefos
    Participant

All I get is Windows telling me Slide Effect has stopped working! When I click View Problem Details I get bellow:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: SlideEffect.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.6103.24145
    Problem Signature 03: 57dbe492
    Problem Signature 04: SlideEffect
    Problem Signature 05: 1.0.6103.24145
    Problem Signature 06: 57dbe492
    Problem Signature 07: e83
    Problem Signature 08: 19
    Problem Signature 09: System.DllNotFoundException
    “Problem Signature 09 says about the missing DLL”
    I have done a system file check on my computer and no problems were found.
    I am using Windows 7, 12 Meg memory

stefos
    Participant

I am checking Microsoft .NET framework for errors

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

This should be fixed in beta 14

stefos
    Participant

Hi
    Just downloaded the demo all Okay, thanks for that.
    However I don’t think I will be buying as all though I like the new version, I am afraid it does not offer that much more than the older version (or not 129,00 € worth more) I think that maybe you should offer some discount for people who have the older version and want to buy the pro new version. I think I bought my version back in 2009 so do not qualify for a discount, I think it is a little unfair to charge me the same as someone who has not bought any prior versions of the software.
    Thank you for your help. good luck
    Stefos

alain
    Keymaster

Sorry, I missed your message.

I understand your feeling. I am doing my best to offer the best product I am able to create, but if you think it does not worth the money, well, ok, that’s fair: don’t buy it.

I work everyday to enhance the product, share more effects, backgrounds,… So SE2 will become better every day. I had to create this version 2 to build a solid architecture for the future, but actually, that’s right it does not offer much more than version 1 for now.. But SE2 architecture is now rock solid and ready to be enhanced. Maybe in a near future, check again the website and SE2 may be worth the money for you.

No bad feelings, I perfectly understand your customer point of view.

I gave a free license to all customers who purchased an upgrade in 2016/2015 and a 50% discount for 2014 purchases. The new license is perpetual: it means you won’t have to pay for any further upgrades. All future updates will be free. In the past you had one year of updates and after you had to pay a fee to gain access to new updates, that won’t be the case anymore.

It seems fair to me. I cannot give a free license to everybody. As I said before, I work everyday on SE and I have to give to my children something to eat. I already do some freelance work to earn some additional money and I really want to continue to have some time for SE2, so at the end of the day, I have to sell some licenses each month.

Again, no bad feelings, I understand your customer point of view, try to understand my developer point of view! 🙂

promask promask
    Participant

hm..

abhikhurana
    Participant

Thank

rohit jadhav
    Participant

Thankss……………

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.