My top 3 requests

Home Forums Feature Request My top 3 requests

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gvictor
    Participant

I really like this application and bought it within hours of trying it out…but in terms of creating a presentation quickly, especially text-heavy ones, it needs some improvements, right now, frankly, it takes ages!

So here are my top-3 requirements (really, these should’ve been there from the start):

1. Copy-paste functionality, especially text – I had a nightmare re-typing certain texts I wanted in multiple slides.

2. Text re-sizing by inputing numbers – another nightmare making text size consistent across slides.

3. Copy paste entire slides to create duplicates.

Just these 2 features wud boost speed significantly 🙂

alain
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

Copy-Paste: It will be available in next version. You will be able to copy/paste text,images and movies.

Text re-sizing: Two enhancements have been made in the next version: A contextual menu has been added where you can set the size of the object to 100%,50% and 200%. A second enhancement I have added that could help is that Slide Effect will store the settings of the last text you created: if you create a black text using arial font of a size of 132%, the next time you will create a new text it will come with these settings by default.

Another enhancement on this side is the support of multi-line text areas (also on the next version).

Slide Duplication: It will be also available in the next version.

I hope to release the new version in one week or two, but if you want to try these functionalities on the beta version, I can give you an access, no problem.

gvictor
    Participant

Hi Alain, thank you for your response.

I make presentations for my Church ministry and for certain strange reasons, I needed an application that’s high on eye-candy and incompatible with PowerPoint and other similar apps…so slide-effect is an answer to my prayers!

Looking forward to the new version now!

kochsner

Yep…text in paragraph form as opposed to by line would help. I have a presentation for my doctoral class on technology in the classroom…and needed something more than powerpoint.

alain
    Keymaster

I am in final testing of 1.4.0 this week, if everything goes well, I will release it next week.

(kochsner you have now access to the beta on the website if you want to give it a try (product updates link) )

alain
    Keymaster

1.4.0 officially released: these features are now available.

gvictor
    Participant

Great, thanks so much!! 🙂

hmurrells
    Participant

How do you do slide duplication. I have version 1.7.5 standard edition

alain
    Keymaster

just right click on the slides thumbnails on the left. A context menu will appear. In this menu, click “Duplicate Slide” item.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Request’ is closed to new topics and replies.