Forum Replies Created
July 14, 2009 at 08:56 in reply to: Loop video, go backward slides, international characters and copy of slides #8868
All the features you requested are now available! 🙂
No it is not yet implemented.
I have started to work on it, but, as now, I did not find any way to make it easy to use but still powerful, so I have not added it in the official release.
I will add it in the future for sure, but it is not my highest priority.
you have only “Bring to Front” and “Send To Back” options.
In my idea, it was a bit “overkill” to have an option to move only 1 level up or down, as you can do the same with “Bring To Front” and “Send To Back” option by selecting the pictures in the right order.
But, maybe you are right, I will add “Bring Forward” and “Send Backward” to my todo list for the next version.July 13, 2009 at 08:19 in reply to: Effects not working after presentation loop and slowdowns… #9149
I did some test regarding the memory leak over the weekend. Unfortunately, I did not find the source of the problem yet. (I don’t say there is no problem, I am just unable to find the source and reproduce it)
I will do some more test this afternoon, then I think I will release the official 1.4.0 this evening, because it fixes a lot of (more) important issues and add a lot of new features.
Then I will go back to your issue.July 10, 2009 at 21:47 in reply to: Effects not working after presentation loop and slowdowns… #9147
Fixed the “User lib not found” issue on beta.July 10, 2009 at 08:13 in reply to: Effects not working after presentation loop and slowdowns… #9146
I think I found the issue with your “User lib not found” error: It seems you put a music on your presentation, then, later, removed it. This case was not handled correctly on my side.
I did some correction and I will update the beta version this evening.
About the rotation issue: I know it could become tricky with small texts/pictures. In your case you can right-click on the object and choose “Rotation”->”Horizontal” to reset the rotation angle.
In the future I will probably change the rotation handle to be smaller.
BTW: Keep me informed about the memory leak issue.July 8, 2009 at 21:37 in reply to: Effects not working after presentation loop and slowdowns… #9144
– About the sinus effect not being replayed when presentation restart: it is fixed.
– About the memory leaks: I found something with texts. It should be ok now. (or at least it should run longer 🙂 )
– About the “User lib not found”: I really don’t understand why you have this behavior. I checked the code and exported several time on Vista & XP and everything seems to be ok on my side. Is it possible for you to send/share the faulty exported presentation, so I can give it a try?
I have created an updated 1.4.0 beta version with all these enhancements, if you have time, please try to export your presentation with it to check if it works better.. And if you have (much) more time, check if the memory leak is gone.
You can find the 1.4.0 trial (beta) here:
I will email you about the full version.
Thanks for the kind comments and your time, and really happy to know you use Slide Effect in your club; it is always interesting for me to know the “real life” use of Slide Effect!July 8, 2009 at 16:13 in reply to: Effects not working after presentation loop and slowdowns… #9141
thanks for the detailed feedback: I appreciate.
About the issues:
– Effects like “sinus rotation” not implemented after the first run: I think I have corrected this issue in the upcomming version, but I will give it a try once again this evening.
– After running the application for some time, the presentation starts to slow down and become very choppy: yep, probably a memory leak (presentation takes more and more memory each time it loops…) I will take a look on that also. I understand it is a bit annoying if you use it on your shop. I have no immediate solution for you, but the next version is close to be released (in fact it is planned for tommorow, so I will try to correct that for this deadline)
– “running the outputted file, i get a user lib not found error.”: can you give me the exact error message? This problem is a bit strange, nobody reported it to me. Did your presentation have background music enabled?
– is there any issue running the app in a commercial premesis? No issues, you can run it on your shop: Slide Effect is made to be used ! 😉
I will delay the new release to work on these issues, I will keep you informed.
I am in final testing of 1.4.0 this week, if everything goes well, I will release it next week.
(kochsner you have now access to the beta on the website if you want to give it a try (product updates link) )
Thanks for the feedback.
Copy-Paste: It will be available in next version. You will be able to copy/paste text,images and movies.
Text re-sizing: Two enhancements have been made in the next version: A contextual menu has been added where you can set the size of the object to 100%,50% and 200%. A second enhancement I have added that could help is that Slide Effect will store the settings of the last text you created: if you create a black text using arial font of a size of 132%, the next time you will create a new text it will come with these settings by default.
Another enhancement on this side is the support of multi-line text areas (also on the next version).
Slide Duplication: It will be also available in the next version.
I hope to release the new version in one week or two, but if you want to try these functionalities on the beta version, I can give you an access, no problem.June 5, 2009 at 08:30 in reply to: Loop video, go backward slides, international characters and copy of slides #8867
I added slide duplication feature this morning on the 1.4.0 beta.May 26, 2009 at 22:03 in reply to: Loop video, go backward slides, international characters and copy of slides #8866
Thanks for the feedback.
– Go backward using up or left arrow key is already implemented in the upcomming 1.4.0
– Support for international characters is already on the upcomming 1.4.0 (Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, German, and so on.. but not Arabic, Russian or Chinese characters)
– loop video is on my todo list, but won’t appear in the next version.
– Copy/Paste/Drag and drop objects will be on the 1.4.0 too, but not copy a full slide (But I agree it is needed.)
Anyway, I will work on the remaining issues as soon as possible.
A bit late, but I added backward navigation (using left or up arrow) on the in-work version: This feature will be added on 1.4.0.
Turkish characters have been implemented in 1.4.0 beta. I will keep you informed regarding the official 1.4.0 release.
Actually there is no way to loop a movie inside Slide-Effect.
Obviously, I understand the need for a feature like this.. let’s say for looped animated backgrounds… and I will put this feature on my todo list.
But I cannot promise anything because it is not that simple: It is, basically, a limitation of the graphical engine I use and the only way I can think of is to reload the movie when it is finished.. and it is not a very smart way to loop content… anyway I will take a deeper look into this.
If you are talking specifically about the water background, you can display it as long as you want, it is not limited at all.
Hope it helps.