USING BACK BUTTON MESSES UP THE PRESENTATION

Home Forums Bug Report USING BACK BUTTON MESSES UP THE PRESENTATION

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rickgman
    Participant

Hi Alain,
    This is the second time I mentioned this. If I use the back button on a live slide presentation to go to a previous slide and then go forward again it won’t show the CLICK TO DISPLAY POINTS but instead it just advances the whole slide! I have had to reboot my live presentation to get my CLICK TO DISPLAY points to show. Very annoying for sure. This is happening consistently any time I use the program so it’s definitely a glitch that should be easily reproducible and hopefully fixed.

Best Regards
    Rick

alain
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

You are perfectly right: I forgot this issue.

It is fixed in newly available 2.0.22 version.

Thanks for the report!

Rickgman
    Participant

Thank You Alain,
    I really appreciate your fast response to this. I will download and test before my next presentation on the weekend. Hopefully all will be well. I’ll give you an update after the weekend.

Best Regards
    Rick

Rickgman
    Participant

Hi Alain,
    So I downloaded the new updated version and while the fix does work and it’s now possible to go back to the previous slide and then the go forward to the next slide and have the points show as required, however, it would be nice if the back button could also be used to go back sequentially through the points one by one. For example; I use a remote control to advance the points, the remote is very responsive and sometimes my presentation jumps TWO points instead of just ONE. Is there a way to add the ability to go back one point without having to go back to the previous slide and then have to go through all the already covered point on the next screen. That would be very helpful. Thanks Alain

Best Regards
    Rick

alain
    Keymaster

Rick,

In French we have an expression, that says something like “Give him your hand, he will take the arm!” 🙂

Just joking, I understand the need for this but it is not as easy as it sounds… I will take a look on that and I’ll go back to you.

Rickgman
    Participant

Hi Alain,
    Yes, I know I’m asking a lot, it’s like someone asking for an inch and then taking a mile, but think of it more like a Jewish Carpenter friend of mine said many years ago, if someone asks for the shirt of your back, then give them your coat as well. Or if they demand you to go a mile with them go two miles instead! Anyway, if you can do it, that would be great, but in the grand big scheme of things it is definitely not an issue if you don’t get to it. Have a great week.

Rick

alain
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

I checked this issue this morning, but it is a huge change in how the keyboard input is handled… SO it won’t be fiyed in the short term, but it is on my todo list, so expect to see this feature added in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.