Unable to preview or play presentation in Toshiba WT8 tablet.

Home Forums Bug Report Unable to preview or play presentation in Toshiba WT8 tablet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    konseitus
    Participant

Hi,

It seems that slide-effect doesn’t allow to play / preview in my Toshiba WT8 tablet..

Can’t figure out why..

Simply, doesn’t show up anything.

Please advise.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

To help us diagnose the problem, can you do the following?

– Download the following file:
    https://www.slide-effect.com/tools/SlideEffectDiagnose.EXE
    – Run it on your tablet (double-click on it)

This tool will do some check on your computer and automatically send a report to us. Type your email address so I can find the report in the list.

Thanks,

konseitus
    Participant

Hi..

teste made in a toshiba wt8, with email silvending@gmail.com.

best regards.

konseitus
    Participant

by the way, i have the professional version.

regards.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

I checked your report.

It seems something is preventing SE player to play. It can be your anti-virus or any other security software.

Please do the following, it may fix the issue:

– Right click on Slide Effect shortcut and choose “Properties…”
    – Then click button “Open file location”
    – Then right click on “se.exe” file and choose “Properties…”
    – Check “Run as administrator” checkbox.
    – If you have any “whitelist” option on your antivirus or security programs, pleas add “se.exe” on it to.

Then try again Slide Effect and check if it is working.

Take me informed of the result, thanks!

konseitus
    Participant

Hi..

Well, even with the latest version installed, it keeps blocking the play… don’t know why..

As antivirus program, i use Security Essentials, from Microsoft..

So, even with the antivirus disabled and the SE opened with admin mode, it keeps not running..

I will made a few more tests… however, i just let you know that, with the latest version, when i hit the play button, it opens a window with the controls.. keeps that window opened for 1 sec, after that, it closes window without any display..

Strange…

I installed the program in my other two computers.. one desktop, and another notebook, and, the result was just perfect.. in this windows 8.1 tablet, it won’t run as it should!!!

Please, let me know if you have any suggestion, or solution to this problem..

Thx in advance!

konseitus
    Participant

Hi..

Yes, it seems that there’s no way of slide effect to work 100% correctly in the tablet..

I’ve tried everything and, nothing happens, when i try to play / preview videos..

Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry I forgot your issue (summertime…).

I did some tests on a Windows tablet and it works well here… So it is not related to the “tablet” format…. Something is preventing the player to run on your tablet, but honestly, I have no idea what.

Sorry but I am a bit out of ideas… it is not very easy to fix the issue as I am not able to reproduce it.

konseitus
    Participant

Hi…

For some reason.. it began to play nice… :):):)

Go wonder.. ehehe..

For the time being.. it’s solved!!!

konseitus
    Participant

Thank you for your efford!!!

Keep doing the nice work! 🙂

konseitus
    Participant

So… ok…

After a few tests.. i finally got the problem..

For some reason, slide-effect searches for a mouse connected…

So, if it detects a mouse, slide-effect will work 100%… otherwise, if i decide to use slide-effect with the touch.. it simply won’t play any animation at all..

Note that, the keyboard is not needed.. only the mouse…

Can you check it???

Best regards.

BMAMMEN
    Participant

Same issue here. I installed it on a Dell Venue Pro 8 and the Presentation Player would open and then close.

I found this forum and paired a Bluetooth mouse and it worked right away. I’d love to have this behavior changed, or at least a workaround to using it without a mouse attached, since I have a need to use these 8″ tablets as miniature kiosks running Slide Effect.

The application looks like it’s exactly what I need!
    Thanks

konseitus
    Participant

Well, i would like to know if there any willing to fix this bug???

Best regards.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well this problem comes from the graphic engine Slide Effect uses to display the presentation. Until now, I found no way (except connect a mouse) to fix it, sorry.

I am working on a brand new display engine for Slide Effect that will work on Mac and PC, and this one will work without any mouse. But I cannot tell you when it will be available, it needs still a lot of work to be stable and fully compatible with the old one. It should be probably released in 2015, but I cannot say exactly when.

konseitus
    Participant

:)…

There’s no other way… just wish you luck… 🙂

Thank you for the good efford..

Best regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.