Unable to Import / Export PowerPoint 2007

Home Forums Bug Report Unable to Import / Export PowerPoint 2007

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MrMike

I get the error immediately after selecting ‘File’ –> ‘Import’ (or) ‘Export PowerPoint’:

Error: PowerPoint (version 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, or 2010) has to be installed on this machine to use this functionality.

I ran your ‘check_ppt.exe’ file from a previous posting and the response ‘Found nothing’ appeared twice. I do have the Office 2007 purchased from a new package. I’m sure it’s easy (add-ons or something) but can’t get to the solution.

Thanks for your help! Awesome product!

MrMike

operating on Windows Vista.

alain
    Keymaster

Not at the office today, but I’ll get back to you by email tomorrow.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

To help us diagnose the problem, can you do the following?

– Download the following file:
    https://www.slide-effect.com/others/SE_Diagnose.zip
    – Unzip it on the desktop.
    – Double-click on SEDiagnose.exe

This tool will do some check on your computer and automatically send a report to us.

(copy by email)

DrSteve

Any resolution to this? When exporting, an error comes up stating “the server threw an exception” and then another popup says that the process was a success…..except that there is no file where it is supposed to be. Then when you try to export again and use the same filename, it states that the file exists and do I want to overwrite. However, unless it is a hidden file, it is most definitely not visible.
    Please advise.
    Thanks.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you send me the *.SEF file you are trying to export? It would help me to analyze the problem.

Please send the file to alain@slide-effect.com using http://www.dropsend.com service. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.