Screensaver export and run

Home Forums Bug Report Screensaver export and run

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MOSSMAN
    Participant

I’m having a problem with exporting to screensaver installer. It makes an installer, and when I run the installer it creates an se.exe file in the program filesx86 directory, if I try to execute the se.exe file my system says it cannot open the file. I’m using “Windoze Vista home premium X64” Am I missing something that I’m supposed to do ? (I did try running as administrator, but that didn’t help) I’ve also right clicked on the desktop and went to personalise-screensaver. The screensave I created doesn’t show up as one of the available screensavers. ( I know I posted this in the wrong place before, should have been here) Thanks

alain
    Keymaster

Hi Mossman,

Normally you should have the following:
    In you “program file” directory (on vista it should be C:/Programs) you will find a directory with the name of your screensaver.. in it you will find Slide Effect player, the data of your screensaver and some dlls.

Then in your System directory (usually c:/Windows/System32) you will find the real screensaver (NAME_OF_YOUR_SCREENSAVER.scr)

That said, it is normal you cannot directly execute se.exe, as it is the player of the screensaver, but not the screensaver itself.

Please do the following:
    – Download and install the solar system screensaver ( https://www.slide-effect.com/samples/solar_system_setup.exe ) and tell me if it works correctly.
    – As you are running Vista 64 (and I don’t know well this OS) please check if the screensaver you just installed is on c:\windows\System32\NAME_OF_YOUR_SCREENSAVER.scr) and move it to c:\windows\System64. Then check if you can select it using right click on the desktop -> personalise-screensaver.

It is maybe an issue with Vista 64, but we will find a solution… anyway thanks for your report, I’m waiting for your feedback.

MOSSMAN
    Participant

OK got it to work, had to copy the .scr to the “c:\windows” directory, I think it has to be in the c:\windows\system32 directory also. Anyhow there is no c:\windows\system64 directory there is a c:\windows\sysWOW64 directory, but copying the .scr to that directory has no effect. (Wow, let me summarize – the .scr file has to be in the c:\windows directory and the c:\windows\system32 directory for it to work on my 64 bit Vista home premium system. Thanks for the help you steered me in the right direction. BTW I really like this program, Are you working on adding some more effects ? Let me know when you have some. Regards.

alain
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks for the feedback, it helps me a lot. I will look at the installer script for screensavers to be Vista 64 compatible on the next release.

The next release will have an “expert” mode for movie export (you will be able to fine tune all the settings), some new 2D fonts and the usual bug fixes.

Then I will start to work to add new background effects.

alain
    Keymaster

just an additional question: you said:

“the .scr file has to be in the c:\windows directory and the c:\windows\system32 directory for it to work”

Did you try to put it only on c:\windows or only on c:\windows\system32 ? It really has to be on the two directories?

Another question:

Using my fault installer, where the .scr file was located at first?

thanks.

alain
    Keymaster

Ok it is corrected on 1.3.4 version just released.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.