Output Settings

Home Forums Bug Report Output Settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SWo

Hi,

When I have created my presentation and I export it – the text and images seem to not be as good quality as the ones when I preview in slide-effect – I have also noticed the example presentations on the websites also show good quality video – Can you please tell me what are the best settings for exporting to AVI and then FLV – I’ve tried using 640×480 – 700 bit rate and that is not great but when I increase to 1200 bit rate it gets better.

Cheers

alain
    Keymaster

Well, for the website movies I used the standard preset values for FLV output (“Flash Movies – Low Quality” – for the small, and “Flash Movies – Hi Quality” for the one on the home page).

The most important setting for the quality is effectively the bitrate, 1200 is good but uses a lot of bandwith, and 500-700 does not use much bandwith but may be too small for dynamic novies… it is a trade-of.

Hope it helps.

SWo

Thanks I will try it – by the way when do expect to release the professional version.

SWo

Just one other thing I forgot to ask – the video on your homepage (large video) how do you get the video to pause like that so it shows the first slide and then the visitor can press play.

alain
    Keymaster

It is a feature of JWPlayer (http://www.longtailvideo.com)

I use the following code:

With the parameter image=https://www.slide-effect.com/movies/sample4b_h.jpg to specify the still image shown when not playing.

About the pro version, I am working hard on it actually (and the new standard version too). Really, it depends of how many features I want to add … I won’t give any date, but I hope I can still release it this month.

SWo

fantastic – looking forward to it – many thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.