Memory Access Violation

Home Forums Bug Report Memory Access Violation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mobitron

Hi,
    I am running win 7 ultimate 64 bit, and I am getting this memory access violation error box coming up. i’ll assume its because of the 64bit side of windows 7.

or is it something else?

Thanks.

alain
    Keymaster

Should be something else: users reported Slide Effect works well on Vista 64 bits and on Seven 32 bits, do I don’t think it comes from the OS.

Are you using a tablet PC or do you use a pen tablet or some other “custom” kind of input for the mouse?

mobitron

Just a stockish standard PC not overclocked, maybe I could use a program of your choosing to work out the issue, any idea what program to try?

alain
    Keymaster

can you do the following:

– Right click on the Slide Effect shortcut on the desktop, then click
    “Properties”
    – On the Property windows, click on the left bottom button called
    something like “Open target file” (something with target on it) (My
    Windows is in French, I don’t remember exactly the text)
    – A file explorer windows should open.
    – On this window, select “se” or “se.exe”, right click on it and choose
    again “Properties”
    – Open the “Compatibility” tab.
    – There is probably an option called “Turn off advanced text services for this
    program”. Select this option and hit “OK”.

Run again Slide Effect and tell me if it works better.

If it is not better, please download and run this program:
    https://www.slide-effect.com/tmp/cube1.exe

It should display a 3D cube in fullscreen. Please tell me if it works or not.

thanks for your patience.

mobitron

I went to the compatibility tab on the se.exe file and ticked run as admin and ticked run in xp mode service pack 3. it all works now thanks Alain.

alain
    Keymaster

hey, nice.

dwightigor

hi alain,
    I have installed the latest version of slide effect (1.7.3) in my laptop win7 64 bit. I tried opening a slide presentation which I have done on older version, but after the first slide, it does not continue but instead I got an error: “memory access violation”. I have already tried the compatibility procedure but it is not still working. Please help. Thanks

Giftshop

Hi Alain, I purchased a couple of days ago for a NEW presentation, but I am receiving a memory access violation message after only a few slides. I have read other posts and comments but this has not fixed the problem.

I have tried it on windows XP and windows 7 both lock up after the same slide!

Do you have a solution? Thank you.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Usually, removing the faulty slide and recreate it should fix the problem.

But, if you have some time, please send me the presentation, before removing the slide, this way I can analyze it and fix the problem on the code. Please send the project file (SEF) on my email address: alain@slide-effect.com using http://www.dropsend.com service.

Thanks.

Giftshop

Hi Alain, I removed the slide …. and bingo! It worked! Great!
    Thank you for you fast response.

Paul

maneyact

Hi – Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I too have tried the above listed actions but can still not get this working when I select a “Video” background. Everything else seems to work fine.

I have downloaded Cube.exe as above and can see the demo. I’ve tried downloading additional backgrounds but this still fails.

The customizable functions all seem to work as well except the one labelled “Looped Movie”

Any further ideas from anyone? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Scott.

(Using Windows 7, 64bit on an i7 PC with 6gb ram. Version 1.9.7 of Slide Effect Professional)

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is a video codec problem.

Please follow instructions here:
    https://www.slide-effect.com/help/EN/faq-videos-does-not-play.htm

it will probably fix your issue.

keep me informed.

maneyact

No, sadly did not fix the problem.

I have just tried exporting a single slide with a movie background and it works. It still fails and I get the memory error message if I try to preview the presentation so I think your right with the codecs.

Are there specific settings you’d recommend for the Codec pack to suit your software? I’ve left it as the default settings on install. (Yes I have re-booted as well after install)

jerrysmith

I just did what mobitron recommended…and it fixed my memory access violation on VISTA.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.