An exported installable executable hangs at “Loading Slides…”

Home Forums Bug Report An exported installable executable hangs at “Loading Slides…”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    weeksr
    Participant

I created a presentation on my home computer which has a Windows 7 64-bit OS. When I export it to an installable executable or a self executable and try and run it on my work laptop, which has a Windows XP 64-bit OS, the program starts to load and then just hangs at “Loading Slides…”.

Any help would be much appreciated.

alain
    Keymaster

Can you send me the self executable and the project file to alain@slide-effect.com (use http://yousendit.com if it is too big)

alain
    Keymaster

Hi weeksr,

I received your files.

It seems the executable you created has been truncated for an unknown reason… I opened the project file and recreated the self executable using the last version of Slide Effect (1.7.5) and the result is correct.

When you created the executable, did any errors have been displayed?

Can you try once again to create the self executable from your project file?

weeksr
    Participant

Hi Alain,

Many thanks for the quick response but perhaps I didn’t explain my problem well enough. When I export the executable I am able to install and run it on my home computer without problem. It is only when I transfer it to my work laptop that I have the problem. I have been able to create a single slide test case with just simple text, no movie or audio files, and this transfered and ran OK. I will try to export increasingly more complex presentations and try and find out at what point the problem occurs.

alain
    Keymaster

Ok I understand,

usually this problem occurs when the presentation is played on a computer with an old and memory limited video card. I am investigating the problem today and next week, I’ll keep you informed.

alain
    Keymaster

Check your mail box: I have released a new beta that should correct the issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.