export problems

Home Forums Bug Report export problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Violet
    Participant

Exported the presentation to .mov. Output – no audio. Then tried to export to .wmv. Output – no audio. I checked the audio, all audio is on. I checked to make sure none of the slides turned the audio off. I checked the forum and installed the AC3 filter and still no audio with the .mov or .mvw files. Exported the presentatin to .avi. There is audio but the colors were total bad: reds turned to blue, cyan & blue became red, and imported .jpg(s) turned to black & white. Did that twice, same problem. Used TMPG software to see if there is any audio track, audio track is flat. Then I used Any Video Converter to covert the .mov file to .MP4, there is audio. I have a relatively new computer and running Windows 7.

alain
    Keymaster

Can you try to install VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) and play the movie on it.

– If the movie play OK (audio and video) on VLC, then you have a codec issue. In this case I would advise to install a codec package like this one: http://download.cnet.com/K-Lite-Mega-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10794603.html

– If the movie is not OK on VLC, then it is a problem with Slide Effect itself. In this case, can you send me the project file .SEF and the movie you created so I can give it a look? (use http://www.dropsend.com to alain@slide-effect.com to send me the files)

thanks.

Violet
    Participant

I have just sent you the project file and the output.

Video-Introduction.sef
    new-opening.mov

I have VLC player. I have tried playing the file with VLC & Window Media. No audio with programs.

Thanks,

Violet

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

I received the sef file, but not the mov.

I tried to export your presentation as “xvid” and “mov” and everything works well on my side (audio is correct).

Can you send me the generated mov file, so I can give it a look?

Violet
    Participant

I just sent you the mov file (opening.mov). Sorry, I thought I had sent you this file earlier. By the way, can I export to .mp4 format instead of .mov? It doesn’t seem to give me an option. Thanks for looking into this.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just received your file.

I played it on VLC and Windows Media Player and it works like a charm here (Audio & Video). Are you sure you don’t have a problem with the audio settings of your computer (looks like a silly question, I know)? Did you try your file on another computer?

Violet
    Participant

Not a silly question. I have tried this on my husband’s computer also before I posted this problem, no audio. I don’t have any problems with any other video files, i.e, when I download files form YouTube. When I used the TMPG encoder, the audio track is flat and plays no sound. Reading your question… I just copied the file to my laptop, IT WORKS! However, I tried it on my son’s computer and his laptop, DIDN’T WORK ;-(. So if the output is not using a common codec, then it still doesn’t solve the problem because if I give the file to others and they cannot play it, then it’s no good. I downloaded the latest Quicktime to see if it will work, but it doesn’t.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.