Error 3D capabilities

Home Forums Bug Report Error 3D capabilities

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    eliasg

I just downloaded the professional SE
    when try to preview presentation I get thie message:

SlideEffect Not Able to use 3D capabilities of your graphic card

I have a windows 7 64 bit software.
    As far as I know my system, every thing is up to date.

Just sent my report.

Thanks

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

I checked your report and it seems you did not install the graphic driver – you are using the Windows generic display driver.

From the information I found in the report, you have an “Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD” as graphic chip. You can find the latest driver here:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20676&keyword=%22Intel%28R%29+Graphics+Media+Accelerator+HD%22&lang=eng

Please download it and install it, then it should work better.

keep me informed.

eliasg

Hi Alain, I did performed the upgrade of graphic card and still have same error.
    I did resenf the report.

Thanks

alain
    Keymaster

Ok, can you try the following:

Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (Dxdiag.exe). To do this, follow these steps:

– Click Start, type dxdiag in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    – If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
    – On the Display tab, verify that DirectDraw Acceleration and Direct3D Acceleration are selected under DirectX Features.
    – If either of these lines shows a Disabled status, click Enable for that line.

If it does not work, please do the following:

– Click Start, type display in the Start Search box, and then click Display Properties in the Programs list.
    – If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
    – Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
    – On the Performance tab or on the Troubleshooting tab, move the Hardware Acceleration slider all the way to the right (the Full position).
    – Click OK, and then click Close.
    – If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.

Keep me informed.

eliasg

Still not able to work. There is something in my PC preventing any changes.
    I know this PC is a HP and came with those preinstall PH suite for video, photo and more suite kind of software.

I will resend my report just in case. I might change video card for an after market?

Thanks

alain
    Keymaster

Can you try to download and install the following:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109

It may fix the problem.

The video card is not the problem (but the model you have is not optimal), there is something on your computer preventing some DirectX applications (like Slide Effect) which use DirectX7 to run…

Keep me informed.

(Merry Christmas, anyway!)

eliasg

HI Alain, to make the story short I installed the software in another PC.

My other pc the hard drive went out on my after doing all the changes, more liokely the hard drive was gona fail
    anyways.

So, here is the results. The PC I m runnuing now has windows vista ultimata 32 bit service pack 2

I am able to create movies with 3d effect and all with sound as well.
    I am just not able to export or save the movie into a MOV format.

When I save project it will save in SEF format and I am able to play it in that format but will not save into
    the MOV format.

I already sent the report to you.

LEt me know what should I try.

Thanks Alain

Elias G

alain
    Keymaster

Ok, it seems it works better on this new computer.

What is the problem with the MOV export?

Maybe try to install latest beta version (“Product Updates” section), I fixed something regarding .mov export on the latest version.

I am doing a short break between Christmas and New Year, so I am not at the office this week.

Keep me informed on the result with the beta version.

eliasg

Hi Alain, the issue I am having is that I can not save a presentation into a MOV or AVIV format.

Here is a escenario: I create a presentation, the presentation plays fine when I test it, so far so good.

I save the presentation, but only can be save as a SEF format (is that normal?)

Now, if I want to export the presentation here is the issue, I can not open the file of the presentation.

When I go to the folder where the presentation was save, that folder does not show up. The above example is using the export feature of SE.

If I look for that folder by going to my documents is there, but does not show up when I use the export feature.

This is even with the latest update and the beta as well.

Looks like Im missing a file in my PC?

Thanks and enjoy your time off.

Elias G

alain
    Keymaster

Ok I understand.

– The SEF format is the internal file format of Slide Effect (Slide Effect File). When you save your presentation, you can only save as SEF, that’s normal.

– When exporting as movie, it will save the currently opened presentation. There is no need to select the presentation when exporting. The process is the following:

1) Open the presentation you want to export as movie on Slide Effect.
    2) Then use the “File/Export presentation…” menu. A wizard will open.
    3) Choose “Export presentation to a movie file…”
    4) On the top field (“Filename”), select the directory where you want to save your movie and type the name of the movie you wish. <--- That's your mistake: you don't have to choose a SEF file here, but type the name of the movie you want to create! 4) Choose the quality you want. 5) Go on the wizard, wait, and your movie will be created.

kula

I’ve tried all the steps listed in the FAQ’s and still get the

SlideEffect Not Able to use 3D capabilities of your graphic card

what next? I ran the utility that submits the info as well. please get back with me asap. thanks,

alain
    Keymaster

Please follow instructions listed here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660

It should help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.