Creating Movie File

Home Forums Bug Report Creating Movie File

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tricia864
    Participant

I downloaded the latest version and when I start to save it, it just keeps restarting and never saves the movie file. I have been trying to convert this file for over 2 days now.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi Tricia,

Can you send me the project file (*.SEF) you are trying to export? (alain@slide-effect.com) This way I can check what’s going on.

Thanks!

clsb01
    Participant

I too am unable to save the file as an avi or any other video file. It goes about 1/2 way through and then stalls. I have been looking at the same progress bar for greater than 4 hours without change.

alain
    Keymaster

Hi,

Same as previous message: can you send me the project file? Thanks!

clsb01
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help. I did try to change some of the .avi backgrounds to static backgrounds in the hope that it would be less graphic intensive and hopefully easier to convert. I would say that it took a little less time to write the .avi files but that the graphics still did stop moving during the playback. Also , the standalone .exe files only work on the computer that I use to write the slide show. I can not get the slideshow to play on any other computer – no error – it simply does not launch

Cheryl Sanders

alain
    Keymaster

Hi Cheryl,

I will take a look to the standalone executable file, as soon as I have some time. I’ll keep you informed.

clsb01
    Participant

I made a file and tried to save it. Had done multiple saves along the way. I got an error that the save was not responding and the program closed. When I re-opened the file now all I get is an error message that the slide effect is unable to read beyond the stream – I have lost my almost complete slide show. Could you please help me get my files back.

Cheryl Sanders

clsb01
    Participant

Please ignore above email. In a late night panic , I forget to look for my .bak file. I was successfully able to use my .bak file to proceed with completion of my slideshow. I deleted the original corrupted file and saved and renamed the new one.

alain
    Keymaster

Nice to hear it is fixed!

Violet
    Participant

I have project that is 00:05:51 long. I can play the presentation while editing but I cannot create a movie (.mp4 avi) file. Each time I tried, it would stop about 1/3 way. I looked at every slide, they are simple effects and I tried splitting up a slide into multiple slides to simplified it, still doesn’t work. I left it running overnight to make sure it has ample time to render, still doesn’t work. What would cause this problem?

alain
    Keymaster

Hi Violet,
    Is it possible to send me the project file (*.sef) at my email address alain@slide-effect.com?

thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug Report’ is closed to new topics and replies.